Wagner Machine Vision Statement
“Provide the most knowledgeable, capable, and innovative source for high precision manufacturing.”
Wagner Machine Values
Maintain clear communication between all areas of the company
Know your strengths and acknowledge your weaknesses so you can learn, improve, and grow.
“So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.” Matthew 7:12a
Apply our collective machining knowledge to make “impossible parts”
Encourage problem solving and outside the box thinking on an individual level
Continue to explore and apply new manufacturing processes and technologies
We believe that no amount of technology will help us reach our goals without the right people. We encourage outside-the-box thinking and are always searching for highly skilled and motivated people to join our team. Wagner Machine has many areas of expertise ranging from grinding, CNC milling, and CNC turning, to specialized processes including wire EDM, abrasive waterjet, swiss turning, full 5-axis milling, and robotic automation. Our employees are encouraged to advance professionally by learning new skills in all areas of manufacturing and in many critical supporting roles.
Family-owned and operated, WMC offers excellent medical/dental coverage, flex spending, short term disability, 401(k), uniform allowance, and paid time off.
Application for employment
PO Box 3969
Champaign, IL 61826-3969
We are currently seeking to fill the following positions:
Position reports to the Job Shop Team Lead. This is an hourly position with a pay range of $20-$30/hr depending on skills and experience.
Wagner Machine Company is seeking an experienced CNC machinist to fill an open position. In our job shop, machinists use a variety of machining processes to make low volume machined parts. Qualified individuals must be proficient at CAD/CAM, programming, setting up, and operating CNC machines to make complex parts to customer specs. Machinists work on projects individually but often collaborate with each other to figure out the best method to program, fixture, and machine complex parts. The best candidates will have a diverse machining background, a strong mechanical aptitude, the ability to learn quickly, and a commitment to continuing education in machining technology.
- Read prints and modify CAD Files
- Identify best methods to make high quality parts within the quoted cycle time
- Use CAM software to create efficient and repeatable toolpaths (FeatureCAM or PowerMill Preferred)
- Set up and run CNC mills and lathes
- Inspect parts to internal quality standards
- Document jobs to company standards
- Communicate with supervisors and customers
- Meet deadlines
- Due to ITAR compliance, applicants must be US Citizens
- 3 Years Operating, setting-up, and programming CNC mills and lathes
- 3 Years CAD/CAM experience (surface and solid modeling preferred)
- Extensive knowledge of G and M codes
- Detailed knowledge of measuring techniques and best practices
- Extensive knowledge of tooling and machining processes
- Excellent organizational, communication, and time management skills
- Ability to adjust programs for optimal speed, reliability, and tool life
- Ability to lift 70 lbs. and pass a drug-screen and background check
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Manual milling, turning, and grinding experience
- Experience with .0005” or smaller tolerances
- Experience with high speed machining and micro tooling
- Experience in a Job Shop Environment machining a variety of materials
- Experience in a LEAN Manufacturing or 5S Setting
- Experience with ISO procedures